Connect with us

PSL 2021: Peshawar Zalmi didn’t threaten to boycott match, says PCB CEO

Published

on

PSL 2021: Peshawar Zalmi did not threaten to boycott match, says PCB CEO

KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Thursday clarified that Peshawar Zalmi didn’t threaten to boycott their Pakistan Tremendous League (PSL) match over the Wahab Riaz and Darren Sammy problem.

PCB CEO Wasim Khan stated that Peshawar Zalmi gamers had met Javed Afridi who examined adverse for coronavirus.

“Zalmi did not threaten to boycott the match,” he stated.

The assertion from the PCB official got here after the PSL administration allowed to combine Zlami’s skipper and head coach with the squad after they have been quarantined resulting from COVID-19 violation earlier than their opening match final week.

In keeping with media stories, Zalmi had threatened to not go away the lodge on Sunday with out Darren Sammy and Wahab Riaz after the 2 have been quarantined for breaching bio-secure protocol.

The matter, the report stated, would even be mentioned in the course of the Board of Governors (BoG) assembly on February 27.

Earlier on Sunday, simply forward of their opener in opposition to Lahore Qalandars Peshawar Zalmi obtained a reduction when Sammy and Riaz have been allowed after the PCB accepted the workforce’s enchantment concerning Friday’s biosecure breach.

“Appeal on a player and official guilty of breaching bio-secure bubble on Friday, has been accepted,” the PCB had stated in a press launch.

“The two have been allowed to integrate with the side. The team has offered its regrets to the PCB on Friday’s breach and has thanked the PSL ETC for accepting their appeal. They have further assured protocols will be followed and respected as everyone wants the PSL to succeed,” it famous.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2020 NEWSZWEB. All Right Reserved