A 12-point “Charter of Pakistan” was unveiled by the Pakistan Democratic Movement on Tuesday because it vowed to proceed its marketing campaign in opposition to the “selected” authorities it goals to ship packing.
Addressing a press convention in Islamabad, following a gathering between numerous PDM leaders, Maulana Fazlur Rehman mentioned that this constitution fulfils the promise made to folks of sharing the bottom guidelines and aims of the 11-party Opposition alliance.
The 12 factors of the covenant have been outlined as underneath:
1. Enforcement of and supremacy of the Constitution of Pakistan
2. Autonomy of the parliament
3. Elimination of the position of firm and intelligence companies from politics
4. Establishment of an unbiased judiciary
5. Reforms totally free, unbiased and honest elections
6. Protection of primary human and democratic rights of the folks
7. Protection of the rights of the provinces and the 18th constitutional Amendment
8. Effective native authorities system
9. Security of freedom of expression and media
10. Elimination of extremism and terrorism and the implementation of the National Action Plan
11. Emergency financial plan for an finish to inflation, unemployment, and for poverty alleviation
12. Protection and implementation of the Islamic provisions of the Constitution
‘Zaidi’s assertion FIR in opposition to govt’
Fazlur Rehman, through the briefing, additionally made passing remarks in regards to the Shabbar Zaidi controversy, saying that the ex-FBR chief’s “confession” is an “FIR against the government”.
“The sugar mafia was given a facility of Rs 400 billion,” alleged the PDM chief, including: “Shabbar Zaidi said that Imran Khan told him ‘leave them, they fund us’.”
He additionally mentioned that when Zaidi “caught those responsible”, he was “fired”.
Zaidi responded to those remarks on Twitter, saying that such a press release is “completely incorrect”.
“My respect for Imran Khan increased many times after working with him. He is [a] great leader and a warrior against [the] status quo. I respect and salute him,” he wrote.
‘Rigged’ elections rejected
The PDM chief additionally mentioned that the Opposition alliance “rejects the rigging in Gilgit Baltistan”.
“This was a replay of the rigging of the 2018 elections,” mentioned Maulana Fazlur Rehman.
He alleged that the Supreme Court’s directives for a free and honest election in Gilgit Baltistan have been ignored.
‘Rallies to proceed as deliberate’
“We have decided that we will not end our campaign until the selected government is sent packing,” the Maulana declared.
He mentioned that the NAB, FIA and different companies are “taking revenge” by making “false cases” in opposition to politically energetic folks.
Fazlur Rehman mentioned that PDM rejects the ban on political rallies underneath the “guise of coronavirus”. “The PDM’s rallies will be held as per schedule.”